Monday, May 12, 2008

copycatting moosema's list

1. I like chocolate chip cookie dough better than the actual cookie.
2. It freaks most of my friends out to find out I am a Republican
3. I remember when Bob Barker had black hair.
4. I have had nearly every pet imaginable, I am a dog person
5. Our house does not have air conditioning.
6. I prefer Coors Original to all other beer – I do not typically like beer snob beer
7. I am a 6th generation native
8. I have 6 brothers and 2 sisters
9. I consider myself a very spiritual person, but not a religious one.
10. I have a very hard time making small talk.
11. I let my children watch movies that others would consider inappropriate.
12. I have the straightest freakin hair on the planet, I can’t keep it curly longer than about ten minutes (this includes with a perm!)
13. I look great in hats
14. I had a job one summer test-driving cars!
15. I got my braces off the day before my Senior Prom
16. I take the hottest showers imaginable
17. My favorite shampoo is baby shampoo
18. I don't like wearing sunscreen.
19. I know all the words to "American Pie"
20. I refuse to shop at Walmart.
21. I love asparagus.
22. I think Mel Gibson is gay and in denial.
23. I had four bridesmaids in my wedding, with 4 groomsmen, 2 candlelighters, 2 flower girls, 2 ring bearers, and 4 ushers
24. My grandmother taught me things about sex and life that most people never get to learn!
25. I almost never use the mouse – I am a keystroke person (I could never be happy on a Mac for this reason)
26. I hate my new cellphone and will probably stick my simcard back in the old one as soon as I find it
27. My mothers photo developer told her to never allow me to touch a camera again
28. I miss Wild Wild West with Robert Conrad in those fabulously sexy blue pants
29. I drink a lot of coffee.
30. I've never used a vibrator.
31. I prefer RC
32. I had a minivan
33. – I pretended it was a “magic bus” and refused to admit that I drove a minivan
34. I detest the font "Times New Roman"
35. And "Courier"
36. I believe in ghosts.
37. I sometimes wear men’s underwear
38. I frequently let the F-bomb fly in front of my children (and my parents)
39. I would consider becoming a lesbian if Halle Berry asked me to.
40. I was in music in high school.
41. I play the flute and piccolo well, I have also played the oboe and drums (not well)
42. I don’t downhill ski – I do cross country ski
43. I collect old fashioned glass juicers and dictionaries
44. I left my Christmas Tree up until March this year
45. My husband has excused himself after I belch since we were dating!
46. I adore Maker’s Mark Bourbon
47. I broke my back when I was 17
48. Sometimes I prefer cheap wine (particularly chianti)
49. Two of my brothers have had children with the same woman
50. I get an almost uncontrollable urge to spend money when I am deadass broke
51. I'm not a picky eater.
52. My oldest daughter is going to be a freshman at the Univ. of Wyoming next year.
53. My son can do complicated math in his head but cannot figure out simple directions like “bring me that pink piece of paper on the desk”
54. I almost bit my husband during childbirth
55. I cried when my youngest daughter weaned herself
56. I miscarried the day after my husband’s vasectomy
57. I sell fruit all summer
58. Baby, I've got back! In other words, I have a big butt and I cannot lie.
59. My brother wants “Locomotive Breath” played at his funeral
60. I cried when Pope John Paul II died – even though I am not Catholic
61. I love Rocky Mountain Oysters
62. I've been to the real South Park
63. I've been to Disneyland but I don’t remember it
64. I’m not a big chocolate person
65. I have a lot of strange superstitions
66. I can scan through the radio and sing all or most of the lyrics to whatever song it lands on – regardless of genre
67. I used to use Big Chief tablets for my journals until they stopped making them
68. I can sing La Marseillaise (French National Anthem)
69. I have a Vose & Sons upright piano that was built in ???
70. My children are 15 months apart
71. I've read all seven Harry Potter books
72. I saw Pavarotti in concert, it was disappointing
73. My first concert was Barry Manilow – who I didn’t like until after I saw him live – the concert was awesome
74. I have such bad motion sickness that I can't even swing without having to take a dramamine.
75. I can’t sit still long enough for most of the podcasts that I have tried
76. I have watched Days of Our Lives since approximately 1977
77. I make such good meatloaf that I actually make it for special meals
78. I can’t cut straight with scissors
79. I record Jeopardy every day so that I can watch back to back episodes and compete against my family
80. I talk in my sleep – A LOT
81. I can’t actually communicate in Spanish anymore as I never use it, but I still occasionally dream in Spanish and when I wake up I can watch Spanish television and pick up almost all of it
82. I had dreams about Mike Meyers (Wayne’s World) while I was pregnant with my oldest daughter
83. I can perform lots of car repairs (on older models w/o all the electrical blah blah)
84. I gut fish with scissors
85. I own a rifle
86. I won riflery competitions when I was younger
87. I would never hunt, I just like shooting at targets
88. I wore cowboy boots with my wedding dress (but only during the reception)
89. I love steak but won’t order it at restaurants, and I hate most steakhouses
90. I own more books than I have room to put on shelves, I have at least one hundred books in boxes in the basement
91. I have crocus planted in my lawn – I get very excited when they are the first thing blooming in my yard
92. I prefer line-dried laundry
93. I used cloth diapers with all three kids, the entire time (except for overnight with the boy – he apparently could pee 14 gallons at night)
94. My husband washed and folded every diaper for all those years
95. My parents have both raced cars
96. I survived an Atlantic Ocean Storm with 12-15 foot swells in a 8’ open hull fishing boat
97. I didn’t realize how dangerous it was and actually thought it was sort of fun
98. I once went camping with no shoes
99. My first flute was stolen in Spain, I cried for days and days
100. The sun setting over the Rockies is my favorite moment/sight in all the world

1 comment:

baseballmom said...

Me too on the meatloaf! My kids pick it for their birthdays.