Thursday, January 14, 2010

My son the housekeeper...

A few nights ago we had stew for dinner, and in the spirit of spreading the wealth a wee bit with the kids, I asked my son to put the leftovers away, to which he replied "but youngest sister is so much better at it and I don't know how" -- really? at eighteen years old, about to go away to college in a few months, you can't pull a container out of the cupboard and ladle some stew into it? A short while later everyone was headed off to bed and I happened to walk past the kitchen and notice a HUGE puddle of stew on the stove. My ADULT child walked in at about that moment, and I admonished him that he needed to clean it up and should have cleaned it up when it happened. I then turned around and began reading something at the kitchen table, I was less than three feet from him, but so absorbed in my reading that I failed to notice how he was cleaning it up until he was all done and I turned around to see him setting our short little dog down and telling him what a good dog he was for cleaning up the stew!!!

You gotta love the teenaged mind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.